Guilty Pleasures


Dear Julie has created a new meme, and I've been tagged. This one is a doozy.

She writes:

I'm officially launching a new meme, just because I feel like it. It's called "guilty pleasures". Aren't there some silly / dumb / embarrassing things you love to do but don't necessarily want your friends to know about? Pick three, or five or seven, and tell your fellow bloggers about them.

Here are mine:

1. I keep catalogs -- Hancocks of Paducah, Keepsake, JJill, Territory Ahead, among others -- in the powder room and study them there, turning down corners of things that appeal, though I seldom actually make the purchases.

2. Dairy Queen Blizzards -- chocolate with both Heath Bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups crumbled in. I haven't been decadent enough to go and by one alone, but two or three times each summer, I'll grovel and negotiate with Joe, something along the lines of, "I could do the dishes tonight and that includes the big gunky pan, if you would be interested to go pick up a pair of Blizzards (his is like mine but without the Reese's).

3. Oh, dear. This is the worst. Sometimes when I'm alone downstairs sewing, I'll put on Lifetime Television for Women and watch whatever movie they're showing. It is almost always about a woman who has been duped by a guy who is Up To No Good, and I swear they use the same living room set over and over and over. Joe will sometimes come in the back door and catch me at it and invariably he'll say, "Hah! Watching The Bad Man Channel again!"

Okay. Consider yourself tagged: Connie at Simply Quilted and Loie at Proclaiming Softly and Kristina at KD Made!

Comments

CONNIE W said…
I was enjoying reading this post immensely, then at the bottom I read my name there. You tagged me. OK, I'll play along, give me a bit of time to get my wits about me to write something. :)