Marsha's Choice

Remember when this was a blog that was more often than not about quilting? Before it became focused on the election and before the recent internet problem (still not fixed, but at least there is good communication and effort on the part of the provider)? I remember. Almost.

Today when I came home I found that the postal person had delivered both of the monthly blocks I need to make for friends for November. I opened them and was immediately so smitten with the fabric Marsha had sent for her background that I went right downstairs to see what I had to coordinate. She'd asked for a light and a dark of one of the colors in the background and I had some FQs of Cherrywood (yes!) that I'd bought for a now-defunct swap and I just knew that the teals were what Marsha's background fabric wanted. The block is called Sarah's Choice, but really, you see, it is Marsha's Choice. I just love it. If I'm feeling moral and upright on Monday, I'll get it to her. If not . . . .


Marsha's Choice went together like a dream. Not so easily for Molly's block. She'd sent all of the fabric, and I found all of it to be delicious. I knew better than to count the number of pieces that her intricate block was going to require. Lots of small pieces in a relatively small block is not what I do best.

After a nice fish dinner, knowing there were two hours until Bill Moyers comes on, I decided to see what I could do. The block is finished and I really like the way the fabrics all look together. The workmanship is, honestly, the best I could do with all of those tiny pieces. I'd prolly give myself a C+ or a B- for the block. Molly's quilt is going to be very scrappy and busy, and I imagine that my block will somehow blend in and get lost among all of the others.

I hope Molly shares a picture of her quilt when it is finished.


Comments

*karendianne. said…
What fun swaps you have going on. Great blocks. I was waiting up for Bill Moyers, too!

Defunct Swapper Love, *karendianne.
I did Marsha's block and mailed it without taking a picture...I barely remember her fabric, how sad is that? I like your block....the other block however, had way too many pieces!!! LOL
I'm sure she'll like it....
Peggy
4th Grade Team said…
Nancy, I just came upon your blog through John's Tech Blog. Great Stuff! I was reading my alumni magazine last night and came upon "Master Art Quilters."

http://media.swarthmore.edu/bulletin/?p=104

I thought you might be interested...
floribunda said…
I need to get Marsha's block done this evening, since we're leaving town. I think it's risky to choose a swap block with so many little pieces -- seems like you're just asking for each one to be a little bit different size-wize!
Anonymous said…
I just love the block, Nancy!
And of course I will share the quilt when it is finished. Now....'when' is the milliond dollar question! :-)

Molly