Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kathy's Birthday is Tomorrow

It goes without saying that this past week I've done more sewing than blogging. It was a tough week at work, with a couple of difficult personnel issues, and when I'd get home, I just wanted to hole up with Bernina. Have made a bunch of 6" CW snowballs and now have turned that into a Leader-Ender project. And Sherry's friends Adam and Kate are expecting a little girl in a few months and Sherry asked me to make a baby girl quilt. So that's also in progress. Pics of both to follow.

Kathy's birthday is tomorrow, and it's one of those significant ones. The Good Guys -- all apparently having the day off -- are getting together for breakfast to celebrate Kathy. I thought she might need a bag to take to the grocery store, and I had some wonderful fabric that Sherron had passed along to me a couple of years ago and I finally just cut into it and made Kathy's bag. Reinforced with batting, it should hold an arm's worth of groceries.

Happy birthday, girlfriend!


2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Very nice, both lovely and exceedingly useful at the same time. Really, who can't always use a great tote bag?

peggy said...

That's a great shopping bag!!!
And I love the little quilt....perfect for a new baby.
Peg