Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Satisfying Weekend

It's been a very nice weekend. Especially last evening when we went up to Sherry's for dinner. Our family has a big clump of birthdays that fall at the end of January into the beginning of February and last night we celebrated three of them. Joe and I bought Sam an artist's easel which was very well-received. It's hard to believe he turned three today. Sherry was delighted with the Asher Lev tickets we gave her, and I was so happy that she baked me that wonderful angel cake with the Heath Bars in the icing.

Today our new pastor began his work at our church. What a wonderful day! He's exactly what we need, IMNSHO, and I'm feeling more optimistic about our church than I have in years. And others have indicated that they share that feeling.

I spent some time on the mittens project and believe that the top is nearly done. I think one more brown border around the outside will do it. Tomorrow I need to measure the dimensions of the wallhanging in my office, because I've decided to make several different seasonal ones and they need to be the same size.


5 comments:

Living on the Spit said...

Your Mitten piece is gorgeous!!!

I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend. Have a great week.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm happy to hear the delight in your words re: the Pastoral change. I can relate and celebrate with you! The mittens are oh-so cute. Waiting to warm my hands with mine when they arrive...

*karendianne. said...

You soul surely must feel soothed. Who knew even how much until yesterday!

Mittens - great work my friend. Fantastically cuteamous.

kristina said...

Stopped by to give you a bday cupcake, but you were hiding! Hope your day is grand!!

Little Mysteries said...

Glad you had a great weekend with your family. The new pastor sounds good. I love the mittens project.
WV:kneds.