If At First . . .

Well, the first pair of ruffled capri pants did not fit. Not by a long shot. Sherry said, "I couldn't get them over her thighs!" Not to worry; her friend Kate expects a baby girl any time now, so those pants can go directly to that new little one.

Saturday night we measured Caroline and measured a pair of pants that fit her.


Tonight I dug through my minimal stash and found some terrific left over Laurel Burch and tried another pair, two sizes larger. If they turn out to be too big, I figure Carrie is more likely to grow than to shrink, right? There wasn't quite enough of the animal print to do the ruffle, but there was a terrific coordinate in that box.

If these are a go, then I'll be ready to start the next patterns! Oh, what fun!


Comments

*karendianne. said…
Good lord, I thought you said "underpants."
Unknown said…
Just love these trousers - wouldn't it be great if adults could get away with wearing kids style clothes
Those asre the wildest britches I've ever seen.She'll stop traffic!
AnnieO said…
There's nothing more familiar to me in trying to fit babies in children. I always say there are two sizes: too big and too small! Good luck with the next pair, they are double cute!
AnnieO said…
That should have been "babies AND children" LMBO!
*karendianne. said…
...don't you think today is a good day for another post woman?!
Barb said…
Oh how cute are these? Looks like you are having fun with this project! Kids clothes are fun!
Expat Hausfrau said…
Those are, as the kids today say, awesome!