With my regular model being unavailable (he's up in Princeton meeting with a potential new client and perhaps will pick up some good New Jersey corn and tomatoes on the way home) I pressed Bodacious into service as a stand-in to help display the next three blocks. You can see how absolutely thrilled he is with this assignment.
Two of them went together quite quickly and easily. The more intricate one took a little more time, but wasn't difficult. The important thing was keeping track of when to press in and when to press out.
With these three behind me, I moved on to Block Number Two in the series (I've just been reaching for a baggie and doing whatever was inside) only to discover that I'd made a cutting error for that block! There's not enough of the "solid" red to make up the pieces that I need, so I'm setting that block aside until Pam's Care Package arrives and see if that will help. If not, I suppose improvisation will be the name of the game and my quilt will be unique.
Well, it will be anyway. I didn't buy the finishing kit that contained the fabrics for setting the blocks. It was funny, the design I'd been thinking of using is actually very similar to the recipe in the kit. But I plan to use different fabrics. I want to get all of the blocks finished before I order them.
I've had so much fun these past few days that -- hanging head in mortification -- I'm actually considering subscribing to this year's series!