It's Not the Cough . . .

. . . that carries you off.

Thank you to all who expressed concern about my cough.

I did see my nurse practitioner and shared my theory with her (the thought that the cough starts in September with some sort of falling leaves allergy and lasts until the winter cold comes in; by that time, the lungs are primed to settle into inevitable bronchitis that requires antibiotics and a possible trip to the Carribean) and guess what -- she agreed! She said, "Let's nip this right away!"

She said to keep taking the Zyrtec at night and gave me two weeks worth of Singulair to try and a prescription to fill if in two weeks it works.

She said it would take a week to ten days to kick in. It's been two days, two pills, and I swear it is already a little better!

She also said not to be discouraged if it doesn't work. She has other tricks up her sleeve, like some sort of inhaler.

Hooray!


Comments

Pat said…
Be careful with that Zyrtec. It's effective, but it practically puts me in a coma. I find myself in the middle of the afternoon doing the head snap-back at my desk as I start to doze off. Take care of yourself!
Di said…
Nancy, an old friend taught me about ginger tea - when I was preggo with my daughter, I had the cough from Hades, and so I tried it. It worked for me and for my family and friends. You can read about it here: http://needlemarket.com/quiltedmoments/how-to-make-ginger-tea-kill-that-cold

Good luck and I hope you feel better!
*karendianne. said…
I also have tricks up my sleeve. Just let me know my friend. heh heh heh...
Kristina said…
But it won't get COMPLETELY better unless you get to take a winter trip to the Carribean, though...right??