Well, yesterday's post wasn't called Part One, but it was. Today's is Part Two of my miscellaneous projects for May. This picture is left from yesterday's work -- where I reported having finished the CW 9 patch blocks for the swap and also making a shoofly block as a giftie for each participant.
I'm not sure why I didn't include this picture yesterday.
Today I began working on the monthly birthday blocks for the one group that I'm in. I had this need to get them made ahead of their due dates. A lot of participants requested Churn Dash blocks, some 9 inch and some 12 inch, with various specified backgrounds. I made these five today.
Meloney is part of that group, and she didn't ask for a Churn Dash; instead, she wanted a star of any kind, bright fabric on black. I had just enough of this bright green fabric to make her star. I still have a block to make for Lori, and am waiting for her to tell me about her background specification and then I can get it made and I'll be all done with this project.
Sherry and I both have the same size calendar books and we both wanted covers for them so we'd have a little place to tuck little papers. She wanted something bring -- so I used some beautiful purple pansy fabric I had and lined it with morning glories.
Mine is a particularly terrific CW green.
Finally, today, I had a chance to make a bookbag for Caroline to take to the library. I'd made one for Sam quite some time ago, and now she gets books in addition to the ones he gets. Sherron had given me this fabric ages ago during one of her purges, and I thought it would be perfect for Carrie's bookbag.
It turned out to be a wonderful and productive day. Before I quit for the day, I cut a bunch of CW 6.5" squares to go with the CW9s and also got started on the "Martinique" BOM that I've subscribed to from the Fat Quarter Shop. The first installment came one day during the past week, and I'm going to try to keep up to date on them as they arrive.