Plea Bargain

Well, what happened, Your Honor, is that when I went into the shop to get the buttons for the jackets for the baby boys, I saw this fabric, see, and it reminded me of what we always used to call "bluebells" but I think are now called "grape hyacinths."  We used to pick bluebells on May 1 and put them in little baskets that we'd made from construction paper and go put them on people's doorsteps and ring the bell and then run and hide.  Did you do that, Your Honor?  Well, anyway, I thought how good the colors in that fabric would look on Caroline, and then I saw this batik that just went perfectly with the bluebells, and, Your Honor, what could I do?

Thank you.  I knew you'd understand.

Caroline wears a lot of pink.  Prolly because she's a girl and that's what they make for girls.  But she has golden curls and intense blue eyes and, I'm telling you, she should wear blues.  So I'm getting her started.  This is the Cute As A Button Jacket in a size 3T.  It was much easier to make than the Size Infant.  Those sleeves didn't give me any grief at all.  I love this jacket.

BTW, it's been more than a week, and I've never heard back from Sandi Henderson at Portabello Pixie after I wrote her about the inaccurate fabric requirements in her Gracie pattern.  I guess she's too busy hawking her book to answer her email. 

Okay.  That's it.  The Cute As A Button Jacket Factory Near Philadelphia is shutting down for the season.  See y'all in the fall!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Before you write off Sandi Henderson, I thought I'd mention that Quilt Market just took place. All of the designers and such were in Minnesota for several days and she probably hasn't had time to think.
Cute, cute, cute jacket! She's going to be a doll in it. :) Not that she isn't already! blessings, marlene
Salem Stitcher said…
That jacket is too sweet! If I'd seen that fabric, I couldn't have resisted either.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Precious, she'll look just adorable in those colors! Well done. I'm starting with the bitty sizes so that I can fully appreciate sewing a 3T later on! ;)
Annemiek said…
Have a great summer and I'm looking forward to "see" you again in fall (or autumn, as my english English teacher taught me *lol*)
Sharon said…
HEY! WAIT! What about Sam? He is without a jacket!
Tanya said…
Your jackets are wonderful! Would love to see pictures of the cute children wearing them!
Unknown said…
Lovely little jacket and the fabric you used for it is to die for