The Kindness of Strangers

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers," said Blanche DuBois.  [Why is it, she asked, that Vivian Leigh got two of the greatest ending lines?  She also got, "Tomorrow is another day," you prolly remember.]

Anyway.  No sooner had I posted last night about my inability to paper piece Piecemeal's Block #12, but my mailbox shows a reply from Piecemeal herself.  Seems she couldn't stand my not having a complete set of her blocks, and she'd set about devising a more traditional method for making that pesky handle.  She said to stay tuned.

And, behold!  This morning she posted the new instructions that she finished sometime around midnight last night.  And then took the time and trouble to email me the PDF.  Is that amazing, or what?

So I guess you know what I'll be doing this weekend.

But here's the question, and I believe it to be a good one:  Once someone -- a person one has never met, mind you -- has done such an extraordinary kindness, is she still a stranger?  Or is she, rather, really a friend I haven't met yet?

Comments

Nancy said…
oh she is SO a sweet friend you just haven't met in person....

How nice..
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
That's you for me, the friend I haven't met yet! Cue Michael Bublé...
Nicole said…
She is a true friend all right!
Tanya said…
She is a friend you haven't met yet. I was trying to explain to people about my blog friend etc. and non-blogging people think I should be wary "because you've never met" but no, this person is a personal FRIEND.
Gari in AL said…
Not just a friend but a friend in deed!