I Love This Quilt


I went out this evening to pay a condolence call.  One of my Circle sisters lost her husband day before yesterday.  When I arrived, she was sitting in the chair feeding her tiny, infant grandson.  He is a gorgeous baby with bright, inquisitive eyes and an amazing mop of hair.  I wish I had a picture to share with you.  But I guess you'll have to trust me.

When I came home I was reading email and had a comment from an unfamiliar reader, Kim.  I traveled over to her blog and gasped aloud.  The quilt she has in her header is just amazing.  I covet it.  I'm not going to grab her picture and post it here.  But I'll send you over for a look.  But don't say I didn't warn you:  It is fantastic.


UPDATE:  Seems this quilt came from Fassett and Lucy's Passionate Patchwork.


And to think I once (or many times) said I would not be bothered to cut up men's shirts . . . . 


Comments

Juliann said…
Great quilt
It reminds me of a quilt I saw on another blog but I refuse to be tempted!

http://bloominworkshop.wordpress.com/2009/08/21/my-approximate-plan/
Pamela Kieffer said…
Very interesting. How did she do that? I am going back and study it some more.
Kim said…
Hi Nancy...thanks so much for your kind words about my Kaffe Fassett quilt...I made these squares over many months and then played with them on my design wall to get them just the way I wanted them.
I highly recommend his books for design.....truly you can put in any fabric you like and still have a fantastic quilt.
The cutting up of shirts idea must be given to Bonnie Hunter for her use of shirts in quilts.....I know she didn't think of it but she certainly brings it up to a fine art form.
I have had over 150 people come look at my header since your post :0)!

Happy Sewing