Thursday, June 30, 2011
The Bag of the Day
While I was digging around in the Bill bin, I found a dozen 12" blocks from one of those swappy kinds of things where you send out a focus fabric and people each make a block and return it. I put them up on the wall and some went together better than others did; one was really way too bright to play with the rest of them, so I took him down and took him apart and will replace the very vivid orange with something a little quieter. I think the rest of them will do well together after that, and I believe I'll try to get a top assembled out of them this summer.
Back to the L-E project, however. I've got a big Rubbermaid tub of CW pieces, mostly smaller than a FQ and a smaller tub of CW shirtings and backgrounds. I've always liked the cactus pot block (Diana, that link is for you!) and am making it super scrappy in the eight-inch size. I've started with the largest section and I'll need 21 units for the 6 by 7 quilt I've got in my head. It will be a good while before there is anything to share, but know that slow progress is occurring.
Posted by Nancy, Near Philadelphia on Thursday, June 30, 2011