A Southern Lady Comes to Call

Somebody asked me, "Well, what's it like when you meet up with one of these blogger types?"  

It's like having lunch with somebody you've known for ages and just saw a couple of weeks ago.  Really.  Salem Stitcher was taking a class in Harrisburg this past week and wondered how Far From Philadelphia that was.  Not very.  So after her class was complete, she drove over and spent a couple of nights with us. You can see that Blackberry took to her immediately.


On Friday, since I had a holiday from school, we had a leisurely breakfast on the deck and then set out to discover how we might best support the economy of Lancaster County.  There were several ways, as it turned out, from purchases at the bakeries of the Bird-In-Hand Farmers' Market  and the Village Pottery in Intercourse to a delicious lunch at TDFKAZ (Thank you, Lisa!) to fabric shopping at Old Country Store, Log Cabin Quilts, and Burkholder's -- who was having a major sale and one of us purchased no fewer than three bolts!

Got home, made dinner, and then had visitors -- some of the regular crowd came over to meet my friend and do some hand sewing.  Then we indulged in the peach crumb and cherry pies we'd purchased earlier in the day, and I recommend both, most sincerely.

Lisa has to head back home this morning, leaving me with three whole days to play before school opens on Tuesday.

Here's one of my two non-fabric purchases from yesterday.  As you can see, it comes with design ideas to try out.  Lisa pretty much pooh-poohed those schemes and came up with this beautiful arrangement.  I'd bought the puzzle with the grandchildren in mind.  But, frankly, I can't wait to get my hands on it!


Comments

Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I hope she was able to help with muddy and murky too. I know you two had a wonderful time together, this makes my heart smile.
thank you for doing your patriotic duty and supporting the economy in such a supportive way....LOL
Denise in PA said…
How fun, Nancy! And, I'm sure you'll make the most of this 3-day weekend - I sure plan to!
Lori said…
Where did you have lunch? My quilting group is spending a weekend in Lancaster Co. In the fall. Love it out there!
LizA. said…
What fun! Sounds like a perfrect day.
Janet O. said…
What a delightful time! So fun to see the "get-togethers" of bloggers. Glad you were able to make this happen.
Sounds like a super way to begin your weekend!
Pat said…
Their trip to the Lancaster area was SO successful, that several of us made the trip the very next day to purchase whatever fabric was left. It's great to see quilters crossing state lines to enable fellow quilters in their fabric addiction.

It was lovely meeting Salem Stitcher Lisa!!!!! Next time she'll have to bring Shelby!
Judi said…
Lovely to see pictures of "my" international group!

I'm plotting and scheming to be back in May.....