Faster Than A . . .

. . . Speeding Bullet Bernina!

That's what I've got to say about a certain fabric shop.

Read on.

Saturday afternoon, I spread Pinkish out on our bed to think about her borders.  My generous friend Pat had, during the day while I was at work, delivered a portion of her traveling stash (I've never seen the motherload of Pat's fabric -- I'm sure I'd be green blue orange magenta with envy) for me to consider some of her Kaffeish fabrics for Pinkish. Joe was a wonderful help with the audition process, and we settled on Baba Ganoush in pink for the border and Plink in turquoise for binding.

I then went to my usual on-line source for Kaffe, and she was out of Plink. Hancock's of Paducah was out of Plink but expecting to get it in. Someday. And they were fifty cents more per yard. So, worrying that Plink was perhaps an endangered species, I Googled Plink Turquoise and ended up at Canton Village Quilt Works, whose fabric was forty-five cents less per yard than my original source! They were low on Plink, and I placed my order immediately, using PayPal to settle up. And thought that perhaps by the end of the week I'd be bordering Pinkish.

Nope. This afternoon, fewer than forty-eight hours after placing the order, when I came home from work, a pleasantly bulgy Priority Mail parcel was sticking out of the mailbox. With my fabrics inside, all neat and packaged in cellophane with a personal note from Jackie, the shop owner! I don't know how she did it. But I'm delighted.

I'd like to be down there putting that border on right now, but, you see, there's a complication. On Saturday, after ordering the border, my palm got a little twitchy I got a hankering to do some more with what remained of my pinkish Kaffes. And I started making more square-in-a-square blocks to turn into a baby quilt. Which needs to be finished and then we can start the border patrol.

And, golly, doesn't that fabric make a person just smile and smile and smile!



Comments

Pat said…
Canton Village Quilt Works is one of my very favorite sources for Kaffes, as is Quilt Home. Great selections, very nice prices, occasional sales, and AWESOME service. Your selections are wonderful!
LizA. said…
Twitchy palms, huh........
Janet O. said…
Don't you love it when you find a place with real customer service?
Oh, I can't wait to see the second quilt. : )
Bobbi said…
Gotta put a plug in for our homegirl, GloriousColor.

But no matter where, the fabrics are glorious. Can't wait to see your finished, and the baby quilt too.

How about a print sashing for even more pizzaz? It's a slippery slope, you know.
Denise in PA said…
Great to know about Jackie's quick service! I love her podcast!
Salem Stitcher said…
Oh. my. gosh...that face! What a big ol' smile! Yes, yes, the fabrics are wonderful and Canton Village QW is awesome but that sweet face...now THAT makes a person happy!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Not only does Jackie get fabric shipped quickly, she has a great selection to choose from! I've found things at Canton Village I've not seen anywhere else.