Love is All Around

Forty-five years ago today, Joe and I were married. It was a Friday evening, raining ever so slightly, a candlelight ceremony at the church where I grew up.

Our big celebration of this anniversary, of course, was our trip to Scandinavia.

Tonight we are going to a favorite restaurant for dinner, and I'd be happy to sign up for another forty-five years.

Yesterday I was moved to tears by someone's thoughtfulness. You may remember that a young couple at school, Brian and Erin, had told me that July 21, 2012, would be their wedding day. Delighted that their date was our date, I made them a quilt, Stars In Their Eyes.  I was surprised to receive a delivery of flowers on Friday afternoon -- I couldn't imagine who they could be from. It turned out that this dear young man and woman, on the day before their own wedding when they must have had a million and one things to do, took the time to send me flowers, 45th anniversary wishes, and a thank you for the quilt.


Comments

Jindi's Cottage said…
Happy Anniversary and congratulations on 45 years...enjoy your celebration dinner...
I know you and Joe will have a wonderful day. Best wishes for a very Happy Anniversary and many, many more!
Unknown said…
Happy anniversary to you both - have a lovely time
OT Quilter said…
Congratulations on reaching such a milestone. Best wishes for many, many more!
Lori said…
Congratulations Nancy!! I think you picked a good couple to make a quilt for- how thoughtful of them!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. Sometimes I suspect many of us wonder when we make/give quilts as gifts. Your recently-gifted quilt to the newlywed couple was most certainly appreciated. How kind of them to let you know in such a clear and special way.
Happy Forty-Fifth, a milestone in any definition of the word. I am so glad you are still happy and that young couple will do well in their lives it sounds like.

Blessings to all four of you on this ever so special day !~!
Many congratulations and blessings for many more years together.
Janet O. said…
Happiness to you, my friend, as you celebrate this joyous occasion! How thoughtful of your young friends, but then, you have been very thoughtful to them.
Quayquilter said…
I hope you both have a wonderful evening and I wish you many more anniversaries to come. - Mary
JudyCinNC said…
It is so wonderful that they extended such a kindness - young people these days can surprise you. Happy anniversary and happiness to your both. Judy C
Amy said…
Happy Anniversary, Nancy and Joe! I hope your special day is as wonderful as you both are!
antique quilter said…
Happy Anniversary
Oh this brought tears to my eyes
how sweet...
Kathie
suz said…
What a lovely gesture. Congratulations on your 45 years together. This is my folk's anniversary date as well. They were married 63years. It must be a good date!