Suggestible . . .

One wise woman, upon reading my recent post about the deplorable state of my studio said that she needed to clean hers, too, but was waiting for cooler weather.

I'm so suggestible.

Finished the binding on this quilt that Julie made the blocks for. It is a real nice quilt, not shown to its best advantage by this particular angle. It will be part of the Uvulati ingathering of mercy quilts in September, and will be donated to Rebuilding Together. Since I don't machine quilt [yet], it is tied with mushroom-colored embroidery floss.

And here are the Dresdens in their present state. Twelve plates assembled. Twelve center circles prepped via freezer paper/starch method. Three background squares cut. Ready to settle in when the Olympics come -- these will be my handwork.

There are Dresdens here and there in bloggerville and I've enjoyed looking at them. I've wanted to do Dresdens for a long time and am having a good time with them.

I notice that a particular craze will swoop across the blogs, with so many people jumping in. I must be the only person in existence who will admit to not liking Swoon and not needing to make one. Nor do I -- now, anyway -- need to do anything with hexagons. And, since I'm telling all kinds of truth, I really don't care for Flea Market Fancy. It used to be that I would see someone's quilt and think, "Oh, I must do that!" After so many years and so many foiled projects, I'm glad that I know what I do and do not need/want to make!


Comments

I suppose it's just seeing something others are trying and we think we should have a go..........good way to take some of us out of our comfort zones.........but I only do what I want.........not what everyone thinks we should do
Amy said…
Love, love the background fabric you've chosen for these gorgeous plates. It is destined to be a stunning quilt!
Amy said…
Love, love the background fabric you've chosen for these gorgeous plates. It is destined to be a stunning quilt!
Gari in AL said…
Love your dresdens: very different colors from what I usually see. I did chicken dresdens and loved doing them. You have a good Olympics plan.
Janet O. said…
I am really liking your color choices in the Dresdens.
To show how out of touch I am, I don't even know what "Swoon" and "Flea Market Fancy" are.
I do have a hexie quilt, but I started that 15 years ago when I volunteered at a nearby heritage center. IF that project ever gets finished I WILL NOT be doing another one! : )
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
The Olympics.... yes! That's when I'll drag out the half-done hand quilting UFO's that I have discovered. Thanks for the suggestion... you are so suggestible.
Deb said…
I see some Jo Morton fabric in those dresden's...love her fabric, I have quite a stash of her stuff too!
Quiltdivajulie said…
I, too, had to do a quick Google search to find out what Swoon and Flea Market Fancy were . . . not interested in either (OR hexagons).

Happy to see those UFO blocks turned into a quilt that will make someone somewhere feel that they are cared about.
quilt for fun said…
Oh, my gosh! I thought I was the only person who didn't want to make a Swoon quilt! or make hexagons! Your dresdens, though, are lovely.
antique quilter said…
sometimes I get inspired by what I see on other blogs , sometimes I want to join in and make it too but most of the time, 98% of the time I do what I want to do !
I have a problem following the crowd! but I am inspired by projects or colors, or fabrics and will use it as a jumping off point.
love the background for the dresdens (oh yes they are on my list to make someday!)
Kathie
Jindi's Cottage said…
I'm loving your Dresdens, I've had them on my list for a long time, in 30s, one day...
suz said…
I've come to realize that blogs are very enticing and it's hard to back away when "everyone" is doing it (didn't we warn our kids about that?) I never cared for Swoon either...and felt guilty about it! I do love the Dresden plates and picked up the ruler a while back-just need to find the time (even have the fabric picked out). I do like English Paper Piecing, it's a great project to have handy when traveling back and forth to work when I don't have anything else prepped. Love your Dresdens - that will be a beautiful fall quilt.