Recent Acquisitions

When I was up at the Round Bobbin recently, looking for fabrics to finish the Dresden plates, I found some. But that is not all I bought.

I have a quilt to make for a baby boy, and when I saw these gorgeous green and aqua and turquoise and blue batiks, I thought they would be just the thing. I'm going to make the baby quilt along the same lines as We The Purple, but, obviously, much smaller.

The other quilt that I made using this recipe was Cinnamon Latte. I think this cool sea version will be just as excellent!


Oh, yes, I bought some other fabric. I'd sort of quietly acquired a few Kaffe FQs and on this trip I bought five more as well as some pale pink Kona for background. I'm not sure yet what my design will be; there are two or three ideas dueling in my head and we'll just have to see which one wins.

This project will be a real stretch for me.


Comments

Beautiful batiks and I love your KF choices. I keep looking at my stash and thinking how boring it is. I have absolutely no color excitement. I am so far in my box the lid has fallen on top of me!
Gari in AL said…
Everything you bought fits me to a tee. I recently saw a Kaffe of the month club and am considering have "him" delivered to my house just to add more pizzaz to my stash. ;-)
Gretchen said…
Wonderful colors & fabric choices. Reminds me of summer at the beach & sunsets.
one can never have too many kaffe fassetts; that's my story and i'm sticking to it!
LizA. said…
Love the batiks--they will make a great baby quilt. Love the Kaffe's. I didn't like them when they first came out but they have definitely grown on me.
Pat said…
WONDERFUL fabrics!! Those batiks will work up beautifully, and the Kaffes are really loverly. Can't wait to see what they grow up to be!
Bobbi said…
You are easing your way into a new way of looking at fabric and it's really fun to watch! Cannot wait to see how both fabric groups mature, with your vision!
Janet O. said…
Oh, Nancy, you have found a winner in those batiks! I looked at the two quilts previously made from the pattern and I can see this will be a beauty as well.
Quietly acquired some Kaffe? Is it possible to do anything quietly that involves Kaffe? They call out from wherever they are. They would be a stretch for me, too, but I must admit I have a few small pieces tucked somewhere in my stash. : )