Sick Days, Near Philadelphia

I started getting sick on Thursday night and have been home from work for three days now. The weekend was a wash. I think it is time to call the doctor and Be Seen.

But wait. It gets worse. Bernina got knocked out of alignment by a renegade pin on Sunday, so I took her to the spa and dragged out the Featherweight so I could sew. Featherweight's light doesn't work and after about 30 minutes of stitching (with the help of Joe's drafting lamp), she froze up entirely. So she's also in the shop.

What's a body to do?

Well, I finished the handwork on this pair of froggy mug rugs, for one thing.

And from time to time I crawl out of bed and go down and prep the applique circles for the Dresden Plates. They are moving along nicely.

Bernina should be home tomorrow afternoon. Meanwhile, today I finally ordered some photo Christmas cards. This shot of Joe's chair, my quilt, and our sweet doggy isn't the one that made the cut, but I like it pretty much anyway.

Yours for Mucinex, codeine, and whatever it takes,

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
Sniffle, shiffle, sneeze, cough, cough! That's me - also with little to no voice and such fatigue. I sound like a cross between Lauren Bacall and a frog. You have my understanding sympathy. What a boat we're in and at this time of year, too. Bother and bummer!

DH has it and became sick a week about but is still horribly tired and coughing. It does not bode well for me.

Sorry your Bernina and Featherweight are both in the shop. I'm sewing and hope no germs live to travel to these fabrics to the gift recipients.

Love the froggy mug rugs!

Virtual and germ-free hugs!
KQ Sue said…
Feel better soon! Bad to be sick, but to have 2 sewing machines sick with you is really bad!
Ray said…
Please continue to take care of yourself and get well soon!!
Janet O. said…
Oh, that is no fun to spend holiday time down and out. And both machines in the shop to boot. Well, at least you are getting Dresden's finished. And those froggy mug rugs are awfully cute!
Hope the doc can help you out, or the meds will keep you so drugged that you won't care. : )
Pamela Kieffer said…

I was out of commission and slept for five days with that whatever it was. The doctor said it was a virus in my ear. Can you beleive it...in my ear.
Hope you and your machines get feeling better and back to work. The big holiday is almost here. i
LizA. said…
Hope you're feeling better. And most importantly, I hope Blackbery made the final cut for the Christmas cards......
OT Quilter said…
Ugh. This is not the time of year to be sick, for you OR your sewing machines! I love your doggy-quilty picture. Feel better quickly!
Denise in PA said…
So sorry to hear you've got that crud that's going around. Both my boss and daughter-in-law have come down with it. I hope it hasn't jumped onto me, but time will tell! And, your sewing machines? Geeze, what's going on?! Feel better soon!!
Jindi's Cottage said…
Hope you are feeling better and the germs have had the decency to exit the body...
Anonymous said…
I've been missing you and hope you're feeling better - so tough at this time of year. Hope you get real quick! Sue H