What I Did This Weekend

My friend Pat put photos from our retreat on Facebook and among them I found the two projects I worked on. Thanks, Pat!

This is a queen-size quilt for our bed. The background is Kona Blue Bell and the prints are all Rowan/Westminsters that I thought went well together. I had done all of the cutting and a little bit of the piecing before the retreat, and was happy that I was able to get it all together by dinnertime on Saturday. 




This is my second project from the weekend. The blocks came from a swap (or two) that my friend DesertSky organized more than ten years ago! We did several rounds of them, and I'd already made two or three quilts from the massive stash of blocks. Then a few weeks ago I discovered these and decided to put them together in a quilt for one of the grandsons. You can't really tell from this photo, but the sashing has alphabet letters on it. This photo was taken before I started the borders (which I didn't get done and will complete this week).

Comments

Mrs. Goodneedle said…
You are sew smart and uber-productive!
Lori said…
What great quilts Nancy!! I think the swap blocks are even older then 10 years!! I do believe I was involved in two of them with her too.
Janet O. said…
You must have been one focused gal to get so much accomplished. Haven't been on a retreat, but I hear from some that they spend so much time chatting, shopping and eating, and don't begin to do what they had hoped/planned.
I like your work ethic. : )
Barbara Anne said…
The quilt you made for your bed is such an interesting pattern and so airy! Where did you find the pattern, if I may ask?

Love the well seasoned blocks in their new and delightful setting, too!

Well done! All of this sewing and other fun, too. It was nice to click on the photos and see them larger. Thank you!

Hugs!
LizA. said…
What a productive weekend. Good for you.