Friday, May 08, 2015

It Sure Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time


Well, the quilt that was called "Some Pig" while it was in progress is now a full-fledged flimsy. It measures 36" by 36".

It felt as though it took as long to pull the paper pieces off the back as it did to piece the blocks.

I told my friend Rosita that I'd make a baby girl quilt for the Oktoberfest this fall. I'll ask her if this would be a good choice or if she would like something more traditional.

I like the quilt well enough but have become no fonder of the process, particularly pulling of the 30,493,601 pieces of paper.




11 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

That is one of the reasons why I don't paper piece. Such a nice quilt though.

AnnieO said...

Cute! I'm sure you're exaggerating and there were only about half that many pieces of paper ;)

Janet O. said...

I think it makes a delightful baby quilt. The new mothers of today don't do "traditional" as we know it, do they?
*LOL* I don't paper piece anything larger than a mini quilt for that very reason!!!

Nann said...

Be it newsprint, phone book pages, or special paper foundation paper, it's a pain to remove. I do like the quilt and I love the name. (What would a Fern and Wilbur quilt look like?)

QuiltingFitzy said...

I give it a light mist of water, makes the paper 100% easier to remove. I love it, it looks soft and cuddly.

Barbara Anne said...

Love the scrappy baby quilt and its happy fabrics.

Boy, do I hear you on the bother of removing paper backing! Like Janet O. said, I don't paper piece anything large either. I'll try QuiltingFitzy's suggestion to spray the paper a bit when I next, if ever, do paper piecing again.

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Nodding in agreement (that really is a BIG number).

Tanya said...

Grrr. I'm with you on that paper pulling. There has to be an easier way! But you've made a pretty quilt and used up fabric AND paper!

Judi said...

Remind me to show you a way(s) to paper piece without all that paper pulling.

J x

Quayquilter said...

A bit late, I know, but there was no need to paper piece but I see Judi is ahead of me!! Mary in Canterbury

anne bebbington said...

I must've been bad if you felt sufficiently moved to total up the number of pieces of paper :)