Quilts for the Twinkies


For a language that has as many words as English does, it really fails me on occasion. Like, why isn't there a word for what my daughter's brother-in-law's wife is to me? Other than a constant source of entertainment and delight. I'm thrilled to claim Carrie as family and DBILW just doesn't cut it.

Be that as it may, Carrie's about to become a mother again. Her other child, Stephen, has just finished his junior year in high school, so it's been a while. She and Matt are expecting their son and daughter in just a few short weeks. They're known as The Twinkies.

So a pair of Fancy Foxes were definitely in order. I don't think you can see it, even by enlarging, but my machinist quilted little paw prints all over these twin quilts. Ben's quilt is all different foxy toned batiks and Tess's is made from the sweetest of the Kaffe prints I could find.

Okay, Twinkies, any time now. I can't wait to meet you!

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Truly wonderful!! Love their nickname...
Janet O. said…
Love "Twinkies" of this sort! I ordered this fox pattern after the first time you shared the source. I'll be making it for a granddaughter's b'day. I hope mine turns out as well as these two you have made.
Gretchen said…
These are just adorable! Love the idea of paw prints quilting too. I'm sure these will get lots of use and love.
Barbara Anne said…
What charming quilts to welcome the new Twinkies to the family and the quilting pattern of paws is the cherry on top! Wishing the parents all the energy they'll need!

I love Twinkies of the other sort, too. You've flung a craving on me.

Hugs!
Carrie Johnson said…
Nancy, I teared up when I read this! You are so special to me as well!!! Thank you so much for the gorgeous quilts! And I promise to use these.... even though I'm terribly tempted to hang them up in the room as decorations! You're quilts are such a work of art!

Much love to you!!!

Carrie
Marge said…
Those are precious quilt Nancy. Love what you've done with the pattern for a boy and a girl.
Marge
Denise in PA said…
Nancy, these are just perfect - I love the boy & girl versions! Twinkies - too cute! o:)
Nann said…
Such special quilts for such special twins! And, yes, two babies plus a 16yo will certainly change their household.