Kaffe Quilt Leaves Home

I handed this quilt over to my dear daughter and granddaughter tonight. It is the first quilt I made with Kaffe Collective fabrics. I'd collected a dozen or two FQs  and enjoyed fondling, and had no idea what to make from them. Then one day when I was sitting in the chair having my hair cut, all at once I thought "Economy block! Economy block!" and came home and made the first one.

I've done a lot more with Kaffe since then, but I still love this one.

My granddaughter's ballet school owner holds a major tea party event each spring. It is to raise money for breast cancer research. We get dressed up. Some of us wear hats. And there are raffle items. Lots of wonderful ones. Last year I asked if they would like a quilt. They would. So I made one and donated it. The owner was delighted and I promised I'd contribute one each year that Caroline is a student at the ballet school.

Considering the cause, I wanted a quilt that had pink in it. I also wanted a smallish quilt, one that a young dancer like Caroline would like to have. I had a couple of ideas but kept coming back to this Kaffe Economy Block quilt.

I hope it brings in a lot of money. It is such a good cause.

Comments

Tanya said…
Lovely quilt and so good of you to commit to making quilts for the good cause.
Judi said…
That's such a lovely quilt - any young (or not so young) lady would love to have it, I'm sure!
Quiltdivajulie said…
I love this quilt - and that it carries so much meaning for your own leap into the world of KF fabrics.
Beautiful quilt--am sure your daughter and granddaughter will cherish it. Kind of you to donate a quilt to raise money for a good cause
Barbara Anne said…
What a happy quilt and it's going for such a worthy cause. Someone will be delighted to win this at the ballet school auction!

Hugs!
Anonymous said…
A wonderful cause to support, and a generous supporter you are!!
no doubt it will be drooled over by many a bidder...it's beautiful!
LizA. said…
What a beautiful quilt for such a great cause. Somebody's going to be very happy taking that one home.
Lori said…
I hope it raises lots of money! It is really pretty.