I'm still staying pretty much up to date with the Project 48 blocks. You may recall that my theme is "word salad" and I'm using mostly text and letter graphic prints. I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing what block comes out each Thursday evening and many weeks I've made the block that very night.
One of the participants asked me to put up all of my blocks together and take a photo. I'm so glad she made this request. It's enabled me to see what I have enough of (big chunks of bright yellow and red) and what I need some more of (the greens in the lower right and the print with the valentine theme [row 4, column B]). I started block 17 using the greens.
The blocks are each 9" finished and although Project 48 calls for making 48 blocks over the course of a year, I'm thinking that this word salad theme has pretty much run its course for me. My current plan is to make one more row (blocks 17, 18, 19, and 20) and then put it all together as a snuggle quilt.
I was really pleased with the quilt that I had made for the school's fund-raiser and thought it would be fun to make a similar, smaller one in a more feminine color scheme.
Over the course of the past two weeks I've put together "It's a Girl!" which will be a gift for an expectant mom. I usually let a quilt tell me how it wants to be finished, i.e., hand-quilted, machine quilted, tied. This one is not forthcoming as yet as to its preference. I don't like to pay to have baby quilts done by the machinist, but my own machine quilting is pretty much limited to stitching in the ditch. I'm thinking that's what I'm most likely to do with It's A Girl!