Monday, November 21, 2016
Just 80 Minutes: Part Ten
My first order of business had to do with another pair of ballerina feet. One bee participant was truly daunted by the pattern and asked if she could do something else for me. Of course she could. So I had her block to make. It went together much more quickly than the first one did!
Here you can see it in the six sections before they were joined together. It was sort of late at night when I finished them and I thought I would wait until morning to put them together. So I made a couple of pot holders.
For me, angles are difficult. There were a couple of times when I was stressed to get the piece applied so that it would cover the entire section, even though I had cut the pieces even larger than the recommended size. This was a problem with one of the yellow segments. I've learned to use tape to reinforce a stitching line after I have to rip something out.
Speaking of which, one of my retreat projects was the final assembly of those blocks. There's a picture below. I'm pleased with the outcome. This quilt measures about 47 inches square and will be a gift for one of the babies (I think there were three the last time I counted) that are due this spring.
Posted by Nancy, Near Philadelphia on Monday, November 21, 2016