Yesterday my Facebook feed reminded me that seven years ago I'd finished this Sister's Choice quilt that I'd made as a leader-ender project. I was trying to use up some of my Civil War stash and Sister's Choice seemed to be the perfect vehicle. I love this quilt. It pretty much made itself, the way leader-enders tend to do.
So I got to thinking about the scraps of Alison Glass and other super bright fabrics that I still have after making a couple of nice AG, et al. projects. My current real project consists of 22 columns of 12 pieces each, so I really need a leader-ender. The first eight columns seemed to take for ever using the old thread bunny.
I got out those scraps and spent some time pressing and cutting. Sister's Choice is wonderful because it is based on 2-1/2" units.
Yesterday afternoon I started leader-endering as I worked on assembling my columns and then sewing them together.
I'm two Sister's Choice blocks in at this point. Here's one of them: