This past weekend was our Guild's spring retreat. I believe there were 30 or so participating and, as always, we had a delightful time.
I took just one project along. Last year one of the Bee participants had us make these interesting blocks using all different prints. I was intrigued by the block but the overall look was too busy for me. I decided to go with hot colors and blurry blacks and whitishes.
I accomplished this much at the retreat. One of my tablemates didn't like the black and suggested replacing them with hot colors. I thought about it.
When I came home, I discussed this with Himself, who liked the black, liked the blocks, and suggested a different arrangement. This lay-out will create a zig-zag of white between the rows rather than the horizontal diamonds. The vertical diamonds will remain.
This isn't going to be a quick finish, and that's okay. I've been trying to choose projects that are more intricate, that take longer.
I don't name all of my quilts. This one seems to want a name, and perhaps it will come to me as I continue. Or maybe one of you readers will think of the right name.