For a Little Girl

My friend Karla acquired a third grandchild a month or two ago. After two absolutely adorable little boys, she was thrilled to welcome a baby girl. 

I had had a good time making this baby quilt from FQs I had purchased at Finch in Leesburg, Virginia, when we took a trip through that little town on our round-about way to Richmond one time.

I thought Karla needed it for Elle, and Karla, as it turns out, thought so to when I gave it to her tonight. 

There are still finished quilts in a pile waiting for their forever homes. There are flimsies in a different pile waiting to be quilted and bound.

And yet I continue to make more.

Comments

Janet O. said…
Of course you do.
Another sweet quilt for a wee one, Nancy.
Barbara Anne said…
What a charming quilt for a sweet baby girl!

Yes, you keep making quilts because it's such fun and because somebody ALWAYS needs a quilt. Enjoy yourself!

Hugs!
Anonymous said…
When someone asks me why I make quilts to give away, I tell them "it's to keep me off the streets and out of bars".
That is a pretty quilt. Thanks for sharing.
Quayquilter said…
What a good idea to have a pile of quilts ready to go. I have several tops too and they have been preying my mind. I've sandwiched and quilted two of them. Three more to go I think.