Two More Done

It has been awhile since I posted newly completed quilts.

This Dresden Plate was pieced more than six years ago. I assembled the blades by machine, cut the circles for the centers, cut the background blocks and then put everything in a tote. This was my handwork that summer, wherever I was: appliquéing the plates to the backgrounds and then appliquéing the centers.

Once it was all done, it went into a pile of tops to be quilted.

I finally got it to the quilter this year. Now it is bound and tonight it will go to its forever home: a terrific guy who finds he is taking more naps than he used to.





I have mentioned before that I seem to know a lot of people who are in the baby-making business.

This quilt is for someone who is due this month. The parents (my kind of people!) have elected not to learn the gender ahead of time.

I think this happy quilt will be just fine for either a girl or a boy.

I'll be giving it away next week.

I have more in the pile "to be quilted" and am slowly getting them finished, a few each month.

It feels good.

Comments

Janet O. said…
The Dresden Plate quilt looks very warm and inviting in those earthy colors.
And you really are the queen of baby quilts. An excellent choice when the gender is unknown.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Beautiful quilt in warm tones for napping and a super fun baby quilt (even when I know the gender, mine are often "bright" rather than pink or blue).
Barbara Anne said…
These two lovely quilts you've finished will make 3 people very happy from the person who naps to the new parents of a sweet little one!! Well done!

I'm machine quilting a 40" wall quilt and am quietly going a bit nuts. Why did I think up a quilting pattern that has me turning the quilt this way and that way every couple of inches?? Perhaps I need my head examined...

Hugs!