Oaks Show 2019: Five


You may have thought that four posts about a quilt show were enough. Ordinarily, I would whole-heartedly agree. But I need to write one more. As I was wandering the vendors at the Oaks show, I came across 605, Yellow Door Quilt Store from someplace in Unheard-of Nashville, Indiana. I saw that they had some aboriginals, which are a current interest of mine. But it was time to meet up with  the guild group for a photo op. So I made a mental note of the location (605) so I could come back. Then I saw some bolts of Hallowe'en fabric that were very much in Kathy's style. So I took a picture of them. And, knowing just how reliable my memory is, I took a picture of the locator. Sent the photo to Kathy and hurried along.

It was a couple of hours before I got back. By then, the show was much more crowded. There were many people in the booth. I found an aboriginal FQ that I liked and got in line.

While I waited, I was thinking about what a stellar day I'd had. There had been many glorious quilts. I'd had fun running into guildies and getting the photo op. I'd had a yummy lunch. 

The two people ahead of me in line were each getting a couple of yards of a couple of things. When it was my turn, the proprietor said, "Oh, you have one fat quarter! Just put that in your bag!" My wallet was open, my three dollar bills were out and I said, "That will be three-something?" fishing in my change compartment. "No," she said. "Just put that in your bag." 

I was astonished. She went on to say, "Listen. I am in charge here. And you waited a long time. You were patient and smiling the whole time. Just take that fat quarter and enjoy it!"

I was incredulous. When I got home, I went to her website. The photo is of the yellow front door of the brick-and-mortar shop. You might want to visit The Yellow Door and wander around. It's our kind of place with our kind of fabrics. And so darned cute inside! 

Oh, and about that photo op: 

Representing The Philadelphia Modern Quilt Guild,
on our good behavior.


The real us.

Comments

Barbara Anne said…
What a wonderful day, indeed! Love the photo your Modern guild cronies both demur and natural, too. It's fun to play with like-minded folk who understand petting fabric, isn't it?

Nice, too, that your patience and smile were rewarded with a free fat quarter. I have a quilting blog friend who lives not far from Nashville, IN so will mention this shop to her.

Hugs!