Another Pattern Test


Well, I've got my Christmas Shopping/Making List started and there are way too many blank spaces. One name, however, has "placemats" beside it. And I've been dragging my feet about this. It isn't a big job to make a pair of pretty placemats, but I just couldn't get started.

Then Becca asked for volunteers to test a pattern for a single block. When I saw the block, I knew the placemats were now conquered!

I made two blocks to test the pattern. I love the design. The pattern was much easier to make than it looks. Yes, there are a lot of pieces (37, I think!) and there is a lot of detail. But the directions are clear and I'm a pretty heavy pinner, so I didn't have any trouble at all.

I have some fabric that I bought for a particular project and then I realized that the directionality of the print wouldn't work for that project. But it will work very nicely as placemat back!

So, it won't be long before I move on to the next name on the list!



#batonabom #prettypineydesigns

Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Congratulations for being able to cross something off your list. This design is striking - will be watching for its release.
Barbara Anne said…
Nice blocks and how handy to have these samples become pretty placemats!

Hugs!