Aunts: First Block Finished

I have spent many hours on my Batik Waves blocks and am a little more than halfway finished.

The blocks are difficult to make and it took a very long time for me to get a rhythm with them. 

I like them very much. The light parts are all text prints (so far, eight different ones but there are likely to be more) and the colors are all solids.

I will stay with this project until it is finished, but decided that today I really needed to do something different.

So I went diving for solids to go with the Fantasy fabrics and came up with a lot of them.

Then I started the first block of The Aunts' Quilt.

It took a long time. But it is perfect and I am really, really pleased with it.




Comments

Quiltdivajulie said…
Really like those waves blocks and yes, your first Aunts' block is gorgeous.
Karla said…
Both are The aunts’ is prepossessing. The Aunts’, oh my, the colors and pattern; swooning.
Janet O. said…
Those wave blocks are not easy--I agree, but your quilt is looking really good so far!
The Aunts' Quilt block looks smashing in those fabrics--even better than in my imagination when you shared the pattern and fabrics. Like very much!
Nemo said…
Your blocks look amazing!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I love what you're showing here! Beautiful progress on those complicated blocks and lovely Aunts Quilt block. Have you ever tried any of Deb Tucker's Studio 180 tools? They make the most complicated pieced blocks fit together flawlessly. I have become a complete and total Tucker convert, have been for years now. The tools can be pricey, I collect them, judiciously, one at a time. The great thing is how adaptable and versatile they are; the basics- like a "Tucker Trimmer" to start with, can make a huge difference! Just a thought. I am forever looking at blocks and figuring out how I can "Tuckerize" them. ;) I assure you, I am not on her payroll!
Barbara Anne said…
Batik Waves is growing nicely and I like the way the different fabric colors change positions from block to block! This quilt is going to be a beauty.

Love the fabrics in the first Aunt's block, too. Applause!

Hugs!