Nameless Is A Flimsy!


This quilt, from "Batik Waves," designed by Karen Combs, is now a flimsy. I started this project on the cruise to Panama back in November. Participants were instructed to bring about 8 light batiks and about 8 dark batiks. The original pattern finishes at 48 x 60. Mine will be 60 x 60. Never being particularly good at doing what I'm told, I chose 8 solids in colors from a weed beautiful wild-growing plant called porcelain berry to replace the dark batiks and assorted text prints to replace the lights. 

This was a challenging pattern. It took me a very long time to find my rhythm in assembling the blocks. I am very pleased with how it turned out; however, it is unlikely that I will make another. I'm going to get newsprint for the back and prolly bind it with the darker green.

Now it needs a name, as it cannot be called Batik Waves. Any ideas?


Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful quilt, and I love the berries!
Karla said…
Solid News
Panama News
PBN (poison berry news)
One n Done
Beautiful news

💕It is quite lovely 💕 ~ Karla
Frog Quilter said…
Love it. Good and plenty came to my mind.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Why not name it Porcelain Berry since that was the inspiration -- love the way it came together and the newsprint backing sounds like a perfect fit. WELL DONE!
Barbara Anne said…
"This-a-Way-and-That-a Way"
"Seaworthy"
but I do like "Porcelain Berry" as suggested by Julie.

The quilt is lovely!

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
This is lovely, Nancy. I am with Quiltdivajulie--Porcelain Berry seems to fit well, especially after seeing that picture of them.
Judy Cloe said…
Porcelain Berry Inspiration
Nann said…
I agree: Porcelain Berry. Not sure why the blocks were problematic, though -- it's a traditional design called Northwind. The bed quilt I use in the summer is that pattern. As I recall I assembled all the HST units first, then added the large corner triangles.