Botany Baby

While I was visiting my new grandson and his family, I finished hand quilting the border on this baby quilt.  It is made from one charm pack of "Botany," with Botany binding.  The yellow stripe is not from that line, but I saw it in the store when I bought the charm packs, and thought it went really well.

I quilted diagonal lines across it and then a garland of little leaves on the border.  I believe you can click to enlarge it if you want to get up close and personal.  I like this quilt, which is for Carol's grandbaby who is due in June, and I believe it to be gender nonspecific, the pink blocks notwithstanding. 

I bought a second charm pack from that line and have been slowly making them into QSTs.  I ordered some yellow background Botany for the lattices.  I'd like to get it together sometime this summer, so that I can hand quilt it at leisure and have it on hand for when I need another baby quilt.

Speaking of which, the phone rang at 5:15 this morning.  I sprang out of bed, knowing it was Andrew with news of Hambone's arrival.  Alas, couldn't have been further from the case -- it was a wrong number from someone who was trying to reach the hospice program.

I didn't get back to sleep.  Oh, well!

Comments

Judi said…
That's such a pretty quilt, Nancy!

So sorry you don't have news yet, but he will be worth the wait, I'm sure!
Oh this is so lovely! I LOVE this!
lovely Nancy.........good colours for an unknown baby......
Absolutely gorgeous. I love the off white background. I always seem to like them, but when I start to do it myself, I don't like it as well. Who knows why?
When you hand quilt, do you have it in a giant hoop or just on your lap. I think you did an excellent job, which reminds me I should have something going by next Wednesday when I too will be up visiting a new arrival and staying until he comes home from the hospital. Due the 5th (inducing)This will be #15!!!
~a