Pinkish


Friends, I am smitten. Pinkish is nearly finished. I assembled the final rows this evening and all that remains is selecting, purchasing, and attaching a border and then she can go off to the machinist.

I have two friends waiting in the wings to help with the border selection; one has gone so far as to have dropped off her collection of appropriate Kaffe-and-company prints to audition. This should be resolved within a few days, and perhaps by this time next week, Pinkish will be a flimsy. I hope it isn't too sophisticated for a not-yet-five-year-old girl  . . . .

While I've been stitching on Pinkish, a stack of BOMs caught my eye. It is one of the Designer Mystery BOMs that the Fat Quarter shop puts out. When then announced it, I simply had to have it. Regrettably, I did not put each block together as it arrived and there is a stack of them there and I've no interest whatsoever in them.

Part of the problem is the color scheme: It is mostly cheerful red(dish) and almost aqua. They look nice together. Trouble is, they've been so much the trend for the past couple of years that I'm tired of them. You know, the way we eventually got tired of Harvest Gold, Avocado and Coppertone once the Sixties were over? I'm going to have to think up some sort of an incentive to proceed.

Meanwhile, I'm in love with Pinkish.


Comments

Lurline said…
Hey, all little 5-year olds think they are very sophisticated anyhow - what a gorgeous quilT
Hugs - Lurline,
Ms. Jan said…
Pinkish is lovely! This is the first time in 4 years that I haven't done the designer mystery, and I'm kind of bummed, because all of the quilts I've done have been lovely.
Pat said…
Better to have it a somewhat sophisticated & have her able to appreciate it as she grows, than have her grow out of it because it is too babyish. It is soft and lovely -- just the ticket for a sweet girl. It's really fun seeing you have so much fun!
Janet O. said…
It has pink and purple in it. Any almost 5-yr-old girl will love it for that fact alone. It is soft and beautiful--even with the bold prints it feels soft to me.
Susan said…
What a great quilt! It's perfect now for a 5 year old and will still be perfect when she's 25.

Your mystery BOM wouldn't be the one from 2009, would it? I just pulled those blocks out of my stash and started to work on them. I'm impressing myself with how much my piecing skills have improved since I started quilting.
Jindi's Cottage said…
I'm not surprised you are in love with Pinkish...it is gorgeous...and absolutely perfect for a little girl to grow up with...
*karendianne. said…
Gosh girlfriend I do love this!!! What a great use of fabrics. Its so unique and fun. It makes my heart singgg!!!!!!!