Summer Slowdown?

It may appear that we're having a bit of a summer slowdown here Near Philadelphia. Not the case. In fact, I'm staying very, very busy. Still loving my Summer Hours at work, I'm making the most of all of this time at home.

Later this morning I'm making a little trip over to the genius machinist, to leave her a couple of quilts to quilt. Still considering/auditioning border fabrics for Pinkish. Have begun a baby version of Pinkish for someone expecting a little girl in a few weeks.

Last night in front of the Opening Ceremonies, I worked on the penultimate Dresden Plate block, so that particular batch of blocks is likely to be making flimsy status within the week. Once that last plate is appliqued, I have a mercy quilt to sandwich and tie; we'd agreed to each try to provide one mercy quilt each at our September gathering to be delivered to Rebuilding Together. I had finished the one from the blocks Julie had sent me, tied with mushroom-color thread and bound and was all ready, but then learned of a family that had lost everything in a fire. Blogless Kathy had sent me two sets of blocks that I'd flimsied; Honna is finishing up one of those and I'll get the other one done for our contributions.

And there are at least two other things whirling around in my head. Not to mention the long-anticipated clean-up of the studio if the weather ever breaks. Which it shows no signs of doing.

So I leave you with this picture of Aberdeen, solemn. She can't believe what a whirlwind her grandmom has turned into!

Comments

Janet O. said…
You are one busy grandma, and that cute little face seems to be reflecting her awe at all you do!