Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Have No Fear, Little Flock

I've always liked that hymn, "Have No Fear, Little Flock."

My little flock has nothing to fear. Two of them have already gone to sleep; I wonder if they were counting people? I've had a good time making these and I have a layout planned. But I'm not going to get to that until sometime next week.

If you were thinking you might want a flock of sheep, you can get the pattern here from Rumi.  There are even more sheep in the pattern that the ones I have made. One caution: You must add the quarter inch around each segment before reproducing your patterns for sewing.

My other sheepish quilt is hand quilted now. I know what I want for the border, and that is going to necessitate a trip out to the LQS. Nasty business, but it has to be done.

And that's what I know, Near Philadelphia.


4 comments:

Karla said...

Fun, fun!

Janet O. said...

These blocks are adorable!
I am trying to restrain myself from ordering the pattern==DO NOT need another distraction, but I LOVE these critters!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'd love it if you would post a pic of the other sheep quilt progress that you have hand quilted. I'm in the process of my first quilt and hand quilting. I am loving this hand work process. I love both of your sheep quilts.
xx, Carol

LizA. said...

Wow! Look at you with a whole paper pieced quilt! It wasn't all that long ago I recall you saying you would rather bathe a cat than paper piece. Love this -- they are so cute.