Not His Wife

Oh, my well-meaning friends!  A hearty "thank you" to all who wrote to tell me of groups I could join to make The Farmer's Wife go more smoothly, who shared with me links of places where this project is being discussed and, in fact, have the templates (aaargh!) available in their correct form and not just one to a page, and who directed me to the author's own website where she has produced corrections to the errors in the book.

Perhaps I was unclear.  I do not need to make The Farmer's Wife quilt.  In fact, I do not want to make The Farmer's Wife quilt.  I know that many quilters take great pleasure and satisfaction in duplicating the efforts of "Jane," "Sylvia," and some nameless individual who is nearly insane.  This is not my particular cuppa tea, if you'll pardon a bit of a metaphor mix.  I almost never use a purchased pattern and rarely make a quilt according to someone's recipe.  I just like to do my own thing.

The Farmer's Wife book was a gift from a dear friend who thought it might be fun for us to  make a pair of these quilts together.  Since I love her, I agreed and plunged right in.  It didn't take long for both of us to decide this was not a project we would see to fruition.  What I'm doing now is finding a way to use the blocks that I had completed before we reached that conclusion.  I'm content with the solution I found and outlined in a recent post.

But it looks as though I need to stop referring to this project as The Farmer's Wife.  Because clearly it is not.

Friends, above are the four most recent blocks for The Farmer's Mistress.




Comments

Pat said…
The Farmer's Mistress. Geez woman, now you've gone and opened a door to ALL kinds of imaginative metaphors.........
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Now just look at what scandal that otherwise innocent farmer has started...
Ray said…
LOL -- love the name!!!
Anonymous said…
Ha ha ha ha ha ah hahaha
Pamela Kieffer said…
After doing two I gave up on. I am using the patches to make pin cushions for gifts. It's almost the time of year.
Gretchen said…
Love your post. Quilts with templates are not my cuppa either.