Superb Owl Sunday, 2016

 Himself is watching the game and I've been sewing. Both of us are pretty happy about that. In another half-hour, however, whatever the status of the game, Downton Abbey will prevail. This is understood by all parties (Blackberry's neutral).

So, here's my fifth block for Word Salad, the quilt I'm going to make during 2016 from the Project 48 postings. You may recall that I'm trying to use mostly text and letters prints.

I like this block. The new blocks are posted late on Thursday afternoon, Eastern Time, so I usually get mine made on Thursday evening or Friday morning.
Bobbi is Queen Bee this month at the Guild and she provided the fabric for the center squares of the blocks and asked for bright scraps and yellows for the rest of the blocks.

I didn't lack for brights to cut into 1-1/2" squares. And I found a perfect yellow among some Kona pieces. Another friend reported that she had made strip sets and perhaps I would have been better of doing that because my blocks are a tiny bit wonky from all that cutting and piecing.

I think Bobbi's going to have a pretty nice quilt and I'll be eager to see it.


Comments

Karla said…
As usual i am in awe of your quilting work.
Quayquilter said…
Downton Abbey - good. Here a wonderful series of war and Peace ended last night - look out for it! Mary in UK
Janet O. said…
I got a chuckle from your TV time arrangement.
Can you use more letter prints for word salad? I came across a colorful alphabet print in my stash recently and would be happy to send it along.
Your blocks are wonderful! That looks like a lot of work, but the effect is eye-catching!
Barbara Anne said…
Love your new Word Salad block and look forward to seeing these various blocks grow in number.

Bobbi is going to have a gloriously colorful and happy quilt!

Hugs!