Duck Duck GOOSE!


There they are, all 600 geese plus 40 extra! I want to have a little variety available when I lay out the blind man, so I made four extra strips of ten.

I don't know how long it has taken, but suffice it to say I dream about making geese.

Today I packed up the 25 blind man blocks, the 36 cornerstone blocks, and the 32 strips of geese into a box. They'll have to stay there for a month and a half.

My design wall is bigger than many (at the risk of sounding like He Who Must Not Be Mentioned), but it is insufficient for a project that is about 93 inches high and wide. When we go to Black Rock, I'll have plenty of space to lay everything out and then have the fun of moving things around until it is just perfect. Plus I'll have five expert opinionated movers and shakers to assist.

One thing I've tried to keep up with while producing geese is the Project 48 commitment. Each Thursday night the coordinators post the block for that week. The blocks finish at nine inches, and as I mentioned previously, I'm using a variety of text, letters, and numbers prints to make them. At the end of the year participants will have 48 different blocks.

Each month so far has focused on a particular quilting element. January was nine-patch variations. February was half-square triangles. I wondered what March would bring and I guess I shouldn't have been surprised!





Comments

Janet O. said…
Oh, that is pretty funny. After all those flying geese, you got to make more. And you even made extra for the Blind Man blocks. Do you feel like an over achiever?
I look forward to seeing what you and your 5 expert, opinionated movers and shakers (loved that) decide.
Quiltdivajulie said…
That's a lot (as in A LOT) of geese !!!
love the solids...i have a geese project using kaffe fabrics but may rethink after seeing how lovely these are...
OMG all those geese look great..........well done........
Judi said…
Your geese blocks look stunning. Will look forward to when the whole project comes together!
linda said…
good thing they aren't real geese - there would be a ton of droppings... You have inspired me to finally get out my blocloc ruler and start my own. Your colors are marvelous. Just found your blog and am now feeling inspired. Thank you.
LizA. said…
but of course -- I would have expected nothing less. great job on all the geese. and yes, isn't it always better putting a top together when you do it by a committee of like minded friends?