100 Quilts in 100 Days Update

The 100 Quilts in 100 Days Project that our LQS is sponsoring comes to a close next week. I'll be delivering my quilts on Wednesday. My friend Ruth made a quilt and my friend Honna made one, too. Then there are these three:

This is the double-bed size quilt that Marsha and I joined forces to make. The fabrics are all Kaffes and batiks. There are three different fabrics in the binding. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. My friend Stephanie from the Guild wanted  machine-quilting practice, so she quilted it for us. In return, I bound the quilt she'd made to donate.

This child-size quilt features animals and is tied rather than quilted. I made this one.

My involvement with this quilt was kind of minimal. Ruth made all of the nine patches. Bonnie devised the setting and put it all together. I tied and bound it. Blackberry found it boring.

These quilts are all to go to refugees coming into the Philadelphia area this winter.

Comments

Janet O. said…
The Kaffe/batik quilt really sings!
Love that pieced woolly lamb amidst the animal fabrics.
And scrappy is always a winner in my book.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
They're all wonderful quilts-- 100 quilts in 100 days is a truly ambitious and laudable goal; well done! Bravo!!
Quiltdivajulie said…
LOVELY quilts - and made with such a good purpose in heart/mind.
Barbara Anne said…
What delightful quilts and in such joyful colors! The recipients will be both warm and happy.

Well done!