Squirrel!

 

Oh, the best-laid plans of mice and men almost anyone can be so easily diverted! My pal Julie has dubbed this squirrel chasing and it seems to be a serious affliction for her! It seems I have a touch of it myself.

I did manage to implement my lemonade plan for two days! I would go downstairs and put a load of laundry in and spend the time it takes to wash and dry the load in organizing and cleaning up and pitching. I got two drawers of notions and necessities cleaned out and organized one day. The second day I began to deal with the fabric that somehow, of its own volition I am certain, got strewn hither and yon and put it into piles to be sorted.

The third day, well, I went downstairs and put the darks in the washer and approached the stuff on the sill and just, well I don't know, just like that a pattern perked itself up and demanded attention! And within minutes, there I was, pressing scraps and cutting with templates and marking seam allowances!

So, you see, I now have an alternate project to Bessie to work on until I can get back to my Bernini. Thank goodness I enjoy handwork!








Comments

Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I'm more than aware of how this can happen. Wishing you (and whatever catches your fancy) all the best!
Barbara Anne said…
Look art you go, girl!! It's great to find your attention taken and the energy to dive into your new project. Good your squirrel was wise enough to make sure your attention went directly to a handwork so you wouldn't have to wait on your pedal foot to heal!

Hugs!
Nann said…
You are a Jen KINGwell QUEEN. Glad you have found a satisfying alternative project.
Janet O. said…
Spoken like a true quilter.
That is a really eye-catching pattern.
Juliann in WA said…
Hooray for squirrels and hand piecing. I am a huge Jen Kingwell fan
Mystic Quilter said…
Nice pattern! Squirrels are always around at my place too!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Delayed comment - I love that the squirrels visit your house, too!