A few people thought it would be interesting to do this with blogging friends, and I thought so, too. I thought, also, that it would be fun to start a little group and chat about ourselves and share our lives a bit so that when the final projects come home, we'll really know the people who worked together on them. And, then, when I was searching for a picture to illustrate my post, I stumbled on this book cover and got to thinking we might also read the book and maybe talk about it. I dunno -- maybe I'm getting things too complicated.
To learn more about the original project, go here and read the post for September 28, "Mini Round Robin."
My thoughts on this are:
- Group would be fifteen people, one for each prescribed round of the robin
- Group would be only people with USA mailing addresses -- I'd really rather have it be an international group, but I can't figure out a way to make the mailing costs equitable, so we'll just do USA
- Preference would be given first to members of the Quilting 4 Pleasure Ring
- Other bloggers would also be welcome if space is available
- If you want to join and are not a blogger, perhaps now is the time for you to start one!
- Really precise rules will be developed once we have the group in place
If you are a blogger and would like to participate, and if you are comfortable making a fifteen-month commitment for one small round each month go here and sign up! The group is set up so that only members can view messages and files, and once the group is full, it will be removed from the Yahoogroups directory.
We'll try to form a group of fifteen, work out the details together, and get started. If we don't get fifteen participants, we'll decide whether to modify the plan or abandon it f0r the present.