So last night was the worst so far, cough-wise (this afternoon I phoned the doctor and told him of my intense regret at having turned down his offer of codeine cough medicine and he agreed to call in the prescription now). As I lay tired but sleepless, I began to think about a little project I might try. There was a vague sense that this was not an original thought; I honestly believe I read about something like this on a blog a couple of months ago.
Anyway, I thought I would take a FQ and cut it in half lengthwise and then sew the short ends together, forming a piece roughly 9 x 42 inches. This would become the back of a scarf. Then I thought I might take some additional, coordinating FQs and cut them in strips 9" long by various widths. And sew them together to make the front of a scarf. Not a big, long, wrap-around-a-buncha-times kind of scarf, but a shorter, more tailored kind of scarf, the sort of thing one would wear with a Chesterfield coat (do they still make Chesterfields?) or with a nice London Fog raincoat. I even had a recipient in mind, not that I've ever seen her in either a Chesterfield or a London Fog. She's a dear lady who gives me something she's made each Christmas, usually some yummy jam, but sometimes a loaf of breakfast bread. I generally give her a tart or a pie, but last year I gave her a little handbag that I'd made and she seemed pleased. I thought she might like a scarf.
Today after my nearly nonexistent night of sleep, I stayed home from work until after lunch, and actualized my plan. I used coordinating FQs of Daiwabo taupes and am pleased with the outcome.
And if you are, or know who is, the person who blogged this idea initially, please let me know so I can give proper credit! Because I think I just might be making a couple more of these little guys.