Sick Day

It doesn't happen very often. But it has happened today. I'd fought off an intense head/chest cold recently, allowing just a low-grade version to settle in. As usual, the lungs is where the real settling happens. I've been dealing with a so-so cough for a week or so. Not a horrendous cough, just a so-so one. A productive cough, as they say. Been getting nearly enough sleep and drinking the fluids.

But this morning I woke and felt yucky. The coughing was a little more impressive, but I got into the shower anyway, thinking the steam would be beneficial. Got dressed and went in for the nice breakfast Joe had fixed. And quickly realized I did not want it. I drank my juice and played with my fruit and coffee. We had a calendar meeting. That didn't help -- it added stress on top of feeling poorly. Feeling cold and tummy-achey. Called in sick and got back in bed where the symptoms were promptly joined by a headache.

Trying to keep warm, trying to rest. The one thing I did do was start a planning pad for all that is upcoming on the calendar -- I have many obligations in the next few weeks, some of them fairly complicated. Planning it all out made me feel as though it is possible to get a handle on it. But it didn't help the headache.

Going to look for a warmer blanket for the bed, one that doesn't shed little white nerdlings all over the black quilt. And then going to go get back in said bed.

Hasta luego.


Comments

floribunda said…
hope you're feeling MUCH better soon! don't forget the ginger ale and soda crackers...
Teresa said…
So sorry you are feeling bad and hope you can get some antibiotics to help get over this!
hope your feeling better pretty quickly........
I hope you feel better Nancy. Feeling sick is no fun at all.
Ms. Jan said…
Get better fast Nancy! xoxoxo
Laurie said…
Not fun. Get a good rest! Hope you feel better in the morning.

(But I'm glad you still felt well enough to blog. That probably means it's not life-threatening, right? Although when my time comes, I'll probably say, "Not now, God. I'm blogging. Come back in about two hours.")
*karendianne. said…
Okay well I'm sending some good magic to heal your sickness. Watch for it. You'll need to be "resty" to notice it though.

In the interest of health is Love, *karendianne.