Tie One On

Here's Blackberry, who's indignant because Joe has been away from home for two days (though he came home to sleep late last night) attending the Synod Assembly. The two of them are pretty much inseparable and while the dog likes me well enough, it just isn't the same. And I'm getting tired of the dirty looks, as if it had been my idea for this to happen!

So, I'm keeping busy. Grocery store this morning. Made a meatloaf for us and one to take to Richmond when we go to meet the new baby who -- hasn't arrived yet. Have some chicken salad in progress, a meal for a Circle sister who's recovering from surgery. And, of course, sewing.

The Uvulati became aware of a need for a quilt or two for military veterans who are undergoing hospice care. One of our members contributed some terrific red, white and blue fabrics, and each of us made two star blocks. Marsha spent some of her precious White Oak time assembling the top. Last night I pieced the back from left-over whites. Bonnie contributed some fine white yarn and I'm in the process of getting all the knots tied so I can hand it over to Helen on Tuesday evening for binding.

Brian/Erin's quilt is literally four inches from finished, so there should be a photo of that project up soon.

Wishing you a lovely weekend. And continuing to wish for a phone call from Richmond.

Comments

Janet O. said…
I'll have to admit, your post title had me curious. : )
A man and his dog--who can come between them?
Beautiful quilt for a great cause! Love to here of people coming together to help on things like this.
Salem Stitcher said…
Well, at least one of you is being productive while Joe is out. Too bad Blackberry can't tie a knot.

And...that baby is sure taking sweet time to arrive! Good thoughts are being sent.
Jindi's Cottage said…
Oh that sad little face...I'm getting similar looks from Jindi...that is because I won't let her sleep on my bed instead of hers...she is seriously put out as she has decided it is her right...it isn't and never has been!...darn dog!...lovely star quilt, I'm sure whoever is the recipient will love it...
Fingers crossed that phone call comes soon...don't that bubba know there are people waiting all around the world to met...
The Uvulati? Like that thing that hangs down the back of your throat?
As usual, handsome quilt, sure to be loved by the recipient.