Quilt With Hands

It isn't very big, this Quilt With Hands.

That's because it is for a baby. And somebaby will like it, I would think.

Not-quite-a-year-ago, I bought a whole bunch of bright and cheerful  FQs at the Lancaster Quilt Show's Renegade Mall, and have augmented them with other bright and cheerful and pretty much used nothing else for my quilt making. When I got down to the point of real scraps, I decided some string quilts, baby size, would be a good use.

I  made two like this; the binding isn't on the second one yet. But the Olympics aren't over!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I totally agree that you put those scraps to good use. A lovely quilt.....and another in the wings...... :-)
Frog Quilter said…
Beautiful Quilt. Love scrappy quilts.
Nann said…
"Good to the last scrap" -- cueing (cu-ing?) the Maxwell House tagline.
Helen said…
Nancy, it's darling...what I call elegant simplicity. You are completely correct, somebaby will love this quilt!!!
Quiltdivajulie said…
Some baby (and its parents) will definitely LIKE this baby quilt!
Janet O. said…
Very modern--sure to be appreciated. I really like the off-set barn raising design. To think those strings could have gone to waste. What a lovely finish they have made!
Karrin Hurd said…
Very cute, love the colors!
Tanya said…
A lovely quilt! I like the asymmetry and the colors!
Gosh it is so pretty! Why is it called Quilt with Hands? Is it hand quilted? I couldn't make the picture large enough to actually see the stitching.
xx, Carol