Nor'Easter Dresses


Truth be told, I'm not sure what the number of this particular Nor'easter would be. Some say it's the fourth. That's still four too many for March, in my opinion. So what's a person to do when school is closed because of a storm? Turn a Snow Day into a Sew Day, of course.

Yesterday I picked up four quilts from the machinist and as of now the bindings are constructed and machined on all four. I've yet to trim the excess (a project for this evening*, perhaps) or pull the basting threads. But those quilts will take care of the need-for-handwork situation for quite some time.

My most recent handwork-for-TV-viewing has been these little dresses. I've made baby quilts using the dress template before; this is the first time I've set them with the single Irish chain. I think I like it. I thought I was done, but Himself pronounced that it needed a narrow white border. He was right.

*or tomorrow, if it turns out to be another Snow Sew Day.



Internet photo. There's MUCH more snow that this Near Philadelphia.

Comments

Janet O. said…
Very clever title, Nancy.
I do like the dresses set with the chain blocks. It is a pretty combination.
That is a fun Easter snow sculpture. :)
Anonymous said…
Your weather has been frightful! It's wonderful to have your beautiful quilts to play with while you wait for Spring. :-) Your "Nor'Easter Dresses is so adorable I am thinking I need to start one myself!!
Frog Quilter said…
Very cute. Enjoy your stitching time.
Barbara Anne said…
What a delightful quilt and I, too, like the diagonal frames made by the Single Irish Chain blocks.

The snow Easter bunny and snow Easter egg are wonderfully imaginative!

Hope your snow has melted as quickly as our last two snows have here, near Richmond, VA.

Hugs!
Tanya said…
Such a pretty little quilt! The pastel colors are perfect! Do you have a little girl in mind who will love it?
Quiltdivajulie said…
Snow/Sew days are THE BEST (except when there's been just TOO MUCH snow). Pretty little quilt top - have fun with all that hand stitching.