Zeggy the Biscuit

When Sam was a "bun in the oven," before he was born, his nickname was "Muffin." I asked Sherry who this second baby is, and it seems that this baby (gender to be known at birth) is a Biscuit.

Last night I had the following dream:


I was out somewhere and Joe had received the call that the Biscuit had been born, and was a boy. The dream opens with the two of us in the hospital lobby where there are two different lines: one for Dunkin Donuts Coffee, the other for Dunkin Donuts doughnuts. Joe decides before we can go up to visit the new baby he has to have a cuppa coffee. The line is horrendous but he persists. He asks me to go get in the other line to get him a doughnut. This line is even longer and I refuse. Finally he gets his coffee (I could see the steam) and reconsiders the doughnut. I tell him he doesn't need the doughnut. With a wistful look, he agrees and says, "Okay, let's go see Zeggy." "Zeggy?" I reply, incredulous. "They named him Zeggy?" "Yes," smiles the love of my life. "Zeggy. Z - E - G - G - Y." Proud that he can spell it. I'm amazed, and off we go, coffee in hand, to meet Biscuit Zeggy.

Reader, I swear the only thing I had before going to bed was a piece of Andrea's torte!

Comments

atet said…
LOL...you don't want to KNOW what kinds of dreams I had about dd before she was born -- weird names are the LEAST of it! Maybe it's just sympathy dreams of a proud grandma?
Laurie Ann said…
Don'tcha just love dreams? You just don't know what you are going to get. Sometimes I can tell where a dream comes from and then, sometimes I say "what the heck?" You'll have to save that dream and tell it to the baby some day. What a riot!
Shelina said…
It would certainly be a unique nickname. Zig Zag Zeggy.
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
I dare say he'd have a unique name in school, little chance there'd be classrooms full of Zeggys! Funny.