For a Dear Little Girl

At last I have the binding on the baby quilt for Andrew and Amy's friends Meg and Ben, who are expecting a little girl on or about Labor Day.  I bought the fabrics in late April when I was in Richmond welcoming Nathaniel.  I pieced the top in short order and had begun hand quilting when I went down to welcome Elijah.  I took it with me but didn't sew a stitch during my visit!  Too busy holding and admiring the baby, I guess.  Then it seemed to take for ever for me to finish the hand quilting on it -- we've had so much going on.

Last night, after having spent much of the day machine piecing at church, I got the last stitches in and machined the binding on.  Today it hardly took any time at all to hand stitch that binding down.  We'll be going to visit Andrew and family in a few weeks and I think I'll just take it along rather than put it in the mail. 

Comments

Lucky baby.Such a girly quilt for her...loverly!
Judi said…
What a beautiful quilt - love that trees fabric!

:)
Judi
Unknown said…
Very pretty and nicely girlie without being too sugary - good job well done Nancy :o)
AnnieO said…
Sweet! What a lovely gift--hand quilted too, gosh, that is so generous of you. They must be very special friends.
antique quilter said…
oh the quilt is adorable! Love the colors. good for you your done in plenty of time for her arrival!
Kathie
altar ego said…
Beautiful! I love the colors, what a lucky baby to have that quilt for snuggling!
Barb said…
Oh that is just adorable, very sweet colors and layout! Hand quilted too, what a treasure for that sweet little baby girl! Good idea to hand carry it, the shipping can make one a bit nervous!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
Sweet and soft, just perfect for a baby girl!
Lori said…
What a sweet quilt!! I'm sure the parents will love it.
Quiltdivajulie said…
Just lovely ... what a lucky little girl!
Linda said…
Really pretty quilt. What a lovely gift.
Lurking Linda
The colors sing to me. Is there a pattern for this gorgeous number?
Gari in AL said…
What a lovely quilt and how nice to be able to hand deliver it.