Summer Retreat 2021

 

I got to spend most of the past week at a quilt retreat! A real, live quilt retreat! Four of my besties accompanied me to our regular retreat site in Lancaster County on Monday. Ruth and I left on Thursday, she to journey on to visit family far away and I to come home; Marsha and Helen and Judy stayed until sometime Friday.

I made the Bee blocks for July's Queen -- I imagine she plans to have this quilt finished and ready to enhance her decor in October. She sent each participant the fussy cut centers and we supplied the rest of the bits from our stashes. These were fun, easy blocks to make.

Just about everything else I worked on can't be shared at this time! I got a head start on some holiday gifts. I'll show you one project of mine and some of the things my retreat mates were working on and then I'll share the view from our work room. 

It was wonderful to be doing something normal!


Grandson Number Two loves all things Harry Potter. I had picked up several FQ packs of HP fabrics from different lines and, as anticipated, they didn't belong together at all. Not to worry: Enter the all-purpose Yellow Brick Road solution! This twin-size top is all pieced except for the turquoise border.


Ruth peering over her red and white plus quilt. Judy's Hallowe'en blocks awaiting sashing.


Marsha interviews borders for her cool hearts. Her black and white stars await her attention next.


Oh, dear. I think this was Judy but maybe it was Ruth. Can't tell by the feet. But the quilt is spectacular.

Helen considers borders for her sweet baby quilt.



Ruth again, this time with a lovely quilt featuring goldfish.

And here is the view from our studio. We had hoped to have some of our meals outside in this lovely setting but, alas, it was either raining or too blasted hot for that. Next time . . . .









Comments

howdidIgethere said…
The tons-of-squares around a medallion is mine. You didn't recognize my feet because I had shoes on! :)
Barbara Anne said…
What a beautiful site to go for fun, food, besties, and fabric!!!!! How sweet it is/was for things to be getting back to normal.

Hugs!
Janet O. said…
Oh, how wonderful, Nancy. Glad you got to do something normal for a change.
I hope to be able to attend a retreat before this year is over. It has been too long.
This looks like a very nice retreat center with a beautiful setting.